Summertime

Well, we are coming to the end of spring semester. Can I get a "thank God" from someone? In a week or so I will be back at it because summer semester starts in like a week. In only a few short weeks, we will be in the mist of Summer. It’s hard to believe that Summer is right around the corner. It feels like Fall is still upon us here in the Pacific Northwest. Rain! Rain! Rain! I looking for that break in the clouds, harps playing and some lady belting out a song in Latin at the top of her lungs that I can't can't quite understand...but know it sounds beautiful.

Did I mention that the last day of Spring semester was yesterday. That means it is officially summertime. Although, to me, Summer starts every year at the beginning of June. Just like Fall starts at the beginning of September, Winter starts the beginning of December and spring starts about that same time in March. Just like Keyshia Cole said, that’s the way it is. You know it, I know it and the American people know it.
It has been a great year so far! Now some vacation, family, and "offline" time is really needed and deserved. If I haven't told you yet, I've got big plans this Summer. I don't quite have them set in stone, but I have a firm idea about how it's supposed to go down.

I'll leave you with some lyrics from Kenny Chesney's Summertime:
"Summertime is finally here
That old ball park man is back in gear
Out on 49, man I can see the lights
School's out and the night's roll in
Man, just like a long lost friend
You ain't seen in a while
You can't help but smile

And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love in an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo and a Yoohoo bottle on the floorboard
Perfect song on the radio, sing along cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine
It's summertime, sweet summertime"
Category: , , ,
Reactions: 

1 comments:

George said...

Hi,

This is a wonderful blog! It was a very good read.

I was wondering if you would be interested in guest blogging on my blog. It is a collection of my travels and the travels of my guests. If you scan the site you can see that now almost 100% of the posts are from guests. Lately I’ve been finding many people interested in guest posting.

Included in your post will be a link to your website using whatever anchor text or key words you wish and a description of your site (if you choose to include one.)

My blog (onetravel.wordpress.com) receives about 2000 visitors a day and that number is steadily growing.

So if you are interested in being a guest, please let me know.

Send me an Email:
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com

Warm Regards,
George Christodoulou
Travel Blogger | OneTravel
gchristodoulou(-at-)OneTravel(-dot-)com