Snowboarding Accomplished


I spent the entire day snowboarding yesterday. I didn't think that I was going to have such a good time with a group of strangers from school, but I did. Aside from the rain that sent me into the lodge a few hours early everything was awesome. The $5 hot chocolate made up for that.

After spending 6 hours on the mountain yesterday I realized that I need to get myself some new equipment or some well used equipment. There was a moment on the mountain where I almost cried like a baby. I bought a really pair of flashy gloves that looked great, but didn't do anything to keep my hands warm. I took a hard fall and got covered in snow and drenched my gloves. By the the time I made it the bottom of the mountian my hads were freezing. Felt like they were about to fall off. I ran into the lodge like a mad man and started my best attempt to rub my hands together for warmth. My professor for the class looks at me and says without missing a beat, "You should go run some hot water over your hands." I thought to myself that has to be wrong, but she has been snowboarding all her life; I've only been doing this for a few years. So I do what I'm told.

There I am in the men's restroom accessing the area for the first available sink. All the way at the end near the vanilla scented straw and oil thing (Not really sure what the proper name is for it and what the hell it was doing in the men's bathroom of a ski lodge.), but I progress on. The restroom had the "fancy faucets" that operate from the motion of your hand. I thought long and hard before I stuck my hands under the faucet. I've seen what hot water does to a car window in the Winter time and that should have caused a red flag, but it's the professor who snowboards all the time. She couldn't possibly be wrong. Wrong! She was and there I was flapping my hands and running around the bathroom trying not scream. It felt like someone was sticking pins and needles in my hands over and over and over again. I'm never listening to the professor again. Lesson learned and mastered. Later there would be a girl suffering from the same dilemna. I took great pride in watching someone else suffer as I did.

I'll be trolling around town trying to find some stuff that I can work with that will last for a few years or at least get me through the rest of the snow season. Fingers crossed for no borken bones or injuires.
Category: , ,
Reactions: 

13 comments:

none said...

I have some equipment I'm not using that you're welcome to - gloves, goggles, hats. Come get 'em!
Amber

shanerobert007 said...

You are a lucky man being able to go snow boarding when you like here in the UK, we can not do it that often we have several places in doors but there is nothing better than the real thing. You have the best of both worlds Snow boarding and sexy women. jedivid

shanerobert007 said...

You are a lucky man being able to go snow boarding when you like here in the UK, we can not do it that often we have several places in doors but there is nothing better than the real thing. You have the best of both worlds Snow boarding and sexy women. jedivid

shanerobert007 said...

You are a lucky man being able to go snow boarding when you like here in the UK, we can not do it that often we have several places in doors but there is nothing better than the real thing. You have the best of both worlds Snow boarding and sexy women. jedivid

shanerobert007 said...

You are a lucky man being able to go snow boarding when you like here in the UK, we can not do it that often we have several places in doors but there is nothing better than the real thing. You have the best of both worlds Snow boarding and sexy women. jedivid

shanerobert007 said...

You are a lucky man being able to go snow boarding when you like here in the UK, we can not do it that often we have several places in doors but there is nothing better than the real thing. You have the best of both worlds Snow boarding and sexy women. jedivid

shanerobert007 said...

You are a lucky man being able to go snow boarding when you like here in the UK, we can not do it that often we have several places in doors but there is nothing better than the real thing. You have the best of both worlds Snow boarding and sexy women. jedivid

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
green said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GM said...

SNOW!!! brrrrrrrrr

I sure don't miss it now living in San Diego CA..... :)

Tipsy Nikki said...

I haven't been on the slopes since I skied into a parked snow mobile. Glad you had a better experience.

假日的 said...

Unable to give you a heart. so have a reply to push up your post. ........................................

順其自然的嚕 said...

好好充實內在,空袋子是站不起來的。 ..................................................