Weekend Update

To tell you the truth it's been really slow around these parts for me, but that wasn't going to stop me from my weekly adventures around Portland.

I have officially made it clear to myself that I will carry my camera everywhere I go from now on. I'm never really sure where my car rides will take me, but I do know that I will be prepared to chronicle everything that happens. If I should slip up and not bring it with me you are free to throw stones at me (Hopefully when you do throw them, you have a lot of running room).

I saved my travels until the weekend this week. Friday I made my way to Montage, a restuarant, which is located in the heart of the Central Eastside Industrial district in what was once the Royal Hotel, but is now the home one of Portland's quirkiest restaurants.

While dining on linen-covered (paper) tables, you can enjoy a wide variety of meals, and at the end get your food wrapped in their signature foil masterpieces.

Though I didn't actually eat there. I decided to throw in something about them. The wait was entirely too long. It seemed like more people where waiting than eating. I think that's one of my gripes about restaurants in Portland, they all seem a tad bit too small. With that said this is still one of my favorites places to eat.

I ended up dining at Le Bouchon for an authentic French dining experience. I'm not one to venture out of my eating comfort zone, but I decided to give this place a try. After pouting for about 15 minutes for my dislike for the place the food appeared in front of me. I spent the night biting the bullet because the food was perfectly cooked. I have to say that the pork chop wrapped with bacon, mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes were the best I've eaten in some time. The only terrible thing that happened was me spilling water all over the table. Go figure, huh?

Sunday was spent watching a movie, hitting the bookstore and ending at a Thai place called Thai Peacock. Thai Peacock is just around the corner from Powell's, so it is a nice spot to go by yourself after you have bought a good book to read. I don't know if this is the best Thai in Portland, but for my first experince with Thai food it will do.
"Simple, decent, hole in the wall Thai food."

That's my travels in a weekend for you.
Category: , ,
Reactions: 

8 comments:

kimmyk said...

yeah for taking your camera with you everywhere you venture to. i can't wait to see portland through your eyes.

Jon and Steph said...

You know, I really have no idea why I added that in, I actually think it helps enhance the flavor. But I might be wrong ;)

fiwa said...

That pork chop sounds soooo good. I'm fasting for a dr. appt today, and I think this just sent me over the edge. ;)

Wes said...

I have no idea why some people insist on waiting 30 min+ for a restaurant. When I am hungry I want food now. There is usually a Waffle House nearby.

Mike said...

Thai food is awesome. I haven't been to a French restaurant yet, but I'm in the market for some frog legs.

Mo said...

Sweet Jesus. We are gonna be the people we tend to make fun of if we both have our cameras out snapping away like tourists.

Montage! You. Me. The week I am in town. It will happen. I want some more gator tail, red beans and rice, followed by whatever strikes my fancy that particular night.

Then I feel a chick flick or a trip to Powells. What I am not feeling is the club we talked about I was in this past week I was there.

Got it? Good. xoxo

Life in Beverly Hills said...

Sounds like a delish dinner. Exploring new cities is always fun. We had a blast learning about Dallas when we lived there. I still miss my fav restaurants.

Ace C said...

@ KimmyK
I'm just trying to get an experience that I've never gotten with the other places I have lived in.

@ Wes
Exactly man. I just want to eat. Not grow old waiting to eat.

@ Mo
I'm waiting.