Weekend Round-Up

This weekend was a little less adventurous than others that I have had. I spent a great deal of time getting the much needed rest and relaxation that I needed.

Friday
I packed some more of my things. I'm finally started to get a direction of how I want to pack things away. I also got to catch a movie at the theater and at home. I went to see The Unborn with my roommate and his brother. I wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't that a great movie either. Although it was a horror movie there wasn't anything scary about it. I would save my money and catch it when it comes out on DVD. Speaking of DVDs, I rented the new Matthew McConaughey movie, Surfer Dude. I think I lost brain cells watching the movie. There is nothing else to say about the movie, but to not watch it.

Saturday
I learned why warning signs are posted everywhere, even though it was the hard way.

When you go to leave the shower at my gym there is a sign that reads, "Please dry completely off before leaving this area.". I guess I should've followed the rules. Shortly after leaving the area dripping wet I went splat on my ass. I could feel myself falling in slow motion. Luckily I have a little padding in the buttocks area to absorb most of my fall. This time when I fell people actually seemed concerned about me. I totally blame myself for this mishap. I did learn that all I need to do is be half naked and wet and people will help me out. No shit rule goes into effect today. (I'm not kidding either.)

I also attended a birthday party that lasted until 6 AM in the morning. I didn't get to take pictures because we were having such a good time knocking beers back and cracking jokes. A very special "FU" goes to the bartender for skipping through some classic songs.

Sunday
I played catch up on everything.

Today
I will hopefully be about 85% packed and make my rounds to all the places I need to collect valuable information from. Today I will be inspired to be productive.

9 comments:

Wes said...

I was confused as to how a horror movie like the Unborn could be rated PG-13. Guess I'll wait for that one on DVD.

Life On The Tail Of A Comet said...

You say surfer dude and I HAVE TO WATCH IT- crap or no!

kimmyk said...

let me get this straight-you were half naked when you fell? i would totally have picked up your towel for you ace.

i'm that kind of friend.

good luck with the packin!

CrystalChick said...

Ah, but anything with Matthew McCon would get my attention for a little while anyway. You don't need to use brain cells to look at a hot bod. ;)
The same thing should be posted in hotel rooms with marble floors and jacuzzis. That was a bad fall I took in Cancun. Nothing broken, but a few spots on my leg still hurt pretty bad.

Live.Love.Eat said...

wow, isn't that, like, your 2nd fall in the past couple of months. A parking lot, grocery cart and ice? Was that you?

So, when do you move?

~Sheila~ said...

You are packing a lot. Where are you going?

So you fell on your ass? Yes. Having cushin in your rear end does come in handy.
Good thing you didn't hurt yourself.

Mike said...

You are having a hard time staying on your feet lately, man.

I hate when bartenders take out the remote and turn songs they don't like. Fuckers.

Ace C said...

@ Wes
It should have just been PG.

@KimmyK
Thanks.

@LLE & Mike
I can't seem to stay on my feet to save my life. I think I was trying to look cool leaving the shower.

@Sheila
I'm moving to Portland. Thanks God for the cushion or should I thank my mama?

Brad said...

"all I need to do is be half naked and wet and people will help me out."

Hmmm - sounds a bit like the world oldest profesion...just saying