Reflections 2008/2009

Even though I'm a few days late on this one I figured I would post it anyways. I do have a couple of New Year's resolution just like the next guy. My commitment as an individual is not to project, reform any habits, or lifestyle change. It's just to be a better me for me.


Things I'm leaving in 2008:
  • All the f!cking "Single Ladies". I'm not putting a ring on nothing. Not even your toe.
  • "Will Smith" movies. Two movies in a row disappointed me. Wild Wild West anyone?
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Madonna, Kanye West, Lindsey Lohan and any other celebrity that I'm sick of hearing about. "What that you say? Tie them up and have them run over by a train. Noooooo."

Things that will stay the same:
  • Being black.
  • Blogging. It's the only way I get to get to "exercise the demons".
  • Going to the gym and staying in shape. Who doesn't have this on their list of things?
  • Better my education.
  • Eat Right.

Things I'm taking into 2009:
  • Kings Of Leon - Only By the Night - The Kings of Leon have achieved something great with this album. This Album is my pick of the year for "Rock Album of the Year", maybe "Album of the Year". A couple of brilliant highlights on the Album are "Use Somebody", "Sex on Fire" and "Cold Desert". Keep in mind this is only mind opinion. I'm entitled to it. (Honerable mention: One Republic - Dreaming Out Loud)
  • A positive attitude. I don't think I need to elaborate on this one. With all that's going on in the world it's nice to have a great outlook on life. This year try not to let anyone rain on your parade.
  • Finding a job.
  • Manage debt/save money.
  • Volunteer to help others.
  • Taking a trip somewhere.
  • Reducing stress.
  • Be involved (again).
  • Short term goals. Life is a lot easier this way for me.
  • Read more books. I made it through 3 this year. One less than last year.
  • Move!
The lists will probably change as the year progresses, but I plan to stick firm to them all. Just you watch.

The McRib is back!
Category: ,
Reactions: 

8 comments:

kimmyk said...

i like your be a better me for me attitude.

eating healthier i need to do that.

you have such a positive outlook. that must be mo rubbing off on you huh? LOL!!

nice picture of you btw.

Gm From My Cheap tech said...

Well you have it broken down, most don't, I'm sure at the rate your going those goals won't be hard to achieve.



Say away from the McRib man it's slow death in a sesame seed bun.

Cin said...

I like the new look of your blog. Hell, I have not posted my new years crap yet either. I will get around to it soon enough. LOL! I hope you manage to achieve all of your goals for this year!

Ace C said...

@ Everyone
I'm more excited about the McRib to be honest.

Wes said...

Why do they keep taking the McRib away?

You know what I miss -- The Double Big Mac.

4 all beef patties mmmmmmm-mmmm

Ace C said...

@Wes
I'm not sure why they do it. I think the McRib is seasonal because it would get tiring. I also had The Double Big Mac. I've only seen it in Mexico.

Live.Love.Eat said...

This was a great post Ace and very nice pic. I really really love the layout. So easy on the eyes. I am SO trying to practice the positive attitude. We just got back from Mexican as my traditional out of work meal and I was watching the news and got a bit depressed on the state of the economy. Such a bad time to be looking for a job but I am not going to say that one more time. Just pray that's all.

Ace C said...

@LLE
I feel you. I have to get on the chase to. Just look up and never down.