Food (No Thought)

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." -- Dr. Hannibal Lecter, "The Silence of the Lambs"

I thought I would just throw that quote out there. Not really sure why, but some how it fits in with rest of the post.

Yesterday after the gym I decided to stop by my neighborhood Albertsons to grab a couple of things from dinner. To my surprise my favorite homeless suitcase packer was slowly but steadily packing his groceries into two suitcases. I run into him a lot. Sometimes I have to move to the other side of the store because of his stench and other times I just see him through the doors and don't bother going in until he leaves.

One of these days I'm going to follow him and see just where he goes. I think that he lives behind the 24 Hour Fitness close to the house. That seems to be the only place where I've seen him walk. I still can't get over the fact that he grocery shops or has the money to do so. He doesn't just buy a couple of things either. He always has a cart full of things. Never meats for obvious reason. It doesn't get that cold during the night. I'm just glad he's not toting beers and cheap wines around the store.

I'm in some sort of way intrigued by the homeless since I never really saw any until I joined the Navy. I always want to know the story behind what got them to this point. Just never really ever had the courage to ask a homeless. Next time I cough up a couple of bucks to one I'm just going to ask.

On a lighter note it's Friday and time for some funny. I saw this on you tube and it brought a smile to my face. Hope it does the same for you. This one's for you LLE. It should put a smile on your face.

Category: , ,
Reactions: 

17 comments:

CrystalChick said...

See now over here, Magnificent Mary can do the same thing Wendy Walker can do without anyone actually seeing me pick the sloppy oily tuna up off the floor. ;)

LOVE the Hannibal quote, it's a fav movie of mine.

AND I'm soooo glad to finally be able to visit your page. I kept getting error messages before today.

Happy New Year.

Brad said...

Where do you find these blog templates? very cool.

~Sheila~ said...

Hilarious. I loved it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Pam said...

Thanks for posting the video, I loved it!

I am also curious about the backgrounds and stories behind homeless people.

Ace C said...

@CC
It had something to do with the music player I added.

@Brad
There are tones of places to get them from. Sometimes they are perfect and other times they take a little tweeking. I'll email the link if you want.

@Sheila
No problem. I like to read new blogs anytime I get the chance.

@Pam
Something about homeless people that just gets me going. I think the story behind it would make me giving up my money a little bit more worthwhile.

Live.Love.Eat said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were so right, this more than put a smile on my face and came at a perfect time after watching the news on the unemployed. "It's a little hard opening up mayonnaise when your hands are covered in your own blood." LOL

This was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks so much for the shout out!!!!! Have a great weekend.

Ace C said...

@ LLE
I try to make everyone smile. It's life and you have to have a little fun here and there.

kimmyk said...

i've always wanted to do this sort of 'what happened/get to know' your local homeless person and just sit down and talk to them. we all have a story....

you should do that. once you get to portland.

Life, Love And Lola said...

LMAO! Seriously, I almost peed my pants!

Gm From My Cheap tech said...

So many homeless here in downtown San Diego that if gave $2 to everyone you saw starting on monday you would be broke by friday ( It's a damn shame ).

Video was funny btw.

Cin said...

I love that movie AND the quote! I cracked up laughing at the video. I have to admit, there have been times that I wanted to throw my kitchen drawers around like that too.

Sahar said...

At least that homeless guy is possibly buying nourishment from Albertsons instead of spending all the money he does have at the Liquorama.

lol @ the video. She reminds me of one of my English professors...so soft-spoken and uptight and just ready to snap any moment.

Mike said...

I saw something on TV about homeless people living near the Beverly Hills area. That's where I'm going when I become homeless.

Chandra01 said...

THAT was funny reminds me of my friendly neighborhood stalker/homeless guy..

ysfb said...

Funny! Mad TV has its moments. I just have that mindset that all homeless people want to rob and kill me.

Ace C said...

@LLL
Don't pee yourself. I cracked up that hard too.

@Cheap Tech
SD was the first time I ever saw a homeless person up close.

@Sahar
Lol. I had a English teacher that talked like that.

@YSFB
I think they do.

Life On The Tail Of A Comet said...

I can't think of fava beans w/o the Lechter quote!