Snow in Vegas

There are some pretty unusual sites in the Las Vegas. But snow on palm trees stole the show.

It's "RARE", but it happened. Snowfall has blanketed Las Vegas, causing a lot of commotion. Cancelling all flights in and out of the city, snarling traffic and dusting palm trees and marquees along the Strip and neighborhoods.

Most of the time you have to travel to the mountains to see the snow or take a trip back to WA, and now I don't have to. I have my fix for now at least. I kept sticking my tongue out to catch snowflakes outside just to make sure it was real. The dog had a blast running around too.

Tourists and locals handed off cameras, taking turns snapping pictures for posterity.

If you have received any snow from Santa yet, it still might be coming.
Category: ,
Reactions: 

4 comments:

Cin said...

I saw all of the snow issues in Vegas on the news. Damn!! We are having ice/sleet at the moment. I think we are supposed to have snow by x-mas too!

Brad said...

It looks like you might get more if the national news is correct this morning. It'd be cool to get out in the desert and see snow falling.

kimmyk said...

wow.
that's crazy!

everyone has snow but us in ohio. we just have ice. (like cyn said!)

it's crazy. al gore was totally onto something i'm tellin ya.

Life, Love And Lola said...

I think it's awesome! It snowed in South Florida once in the 80's.