Your To-Do List

Are you frustrated with Christmas shopping?
Are your relatives getting on your nerves?
Do your curtains match the drapes?
Is your favorite team the Detroit Lions?
Are you tired?
Have you ever regifted something?
Is it wrong to laugh at the Iraqi shoe thrower?
Will you be flying anywhere during the holidays?

Are you worried about putting on weight for the holidays?
Are you single?
Are you wondering like I'm wondering about if man evolved from monkey and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?


If you answered "yes" to any of the questions I have a couple of solutions for you.

Slow Down
Are you or your thoughts racing.? Are you shuffling through all your to-do lists? Turn off the television, and your iPod, and that favorite Christmas CD. Sit down take a load off, take a deep breath, and then slowly exhale. Just "be" for a second. Focus on the air coming through your nose, causing your chest to rise and your belly to swell. Let it out slowly. Keep it up until you have found your center.

Grab a Hot Chocolate
Just sip 'em until you get a stomach ache. It'll at least take your mind off your worries.

Winter Walk
Brave the cold. Put on your coat, hat, scarf, gloves, and take a walk. It easy to think of this time of year as dead, but once you are out in the world taking stock of nature or your neighborhood, you might find there's a lot to captivate your attention.

Take it easy folks.
Category: , ,
Reactions: 

5 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

I answered yes to two but won't tell you which two. Good suggestions though!!!

Mo said...

Dude. I love your attitude. About time!

I'm taking the easy way out and linking over here for this week's weekly, yet late, challenge.

Love You. Mean It.

Mike said...

Does shoveling snow count as walking around in the winter wonderland?

Summer said...

The shoe guy is my hero.

Life, Love And Lola said...

Your post made me realize that I need to slow down. I'll add that to my list of New Years Resolutions.