I ate, therefore I am hungry.

The damn liberals have finally gotten me and put me in a choke hold. I can feel them breathing down my neck. Watching me from afar. I should close the curtains they might be watching me from the hill. Have they been planted down stairs from me, flushing me to the service with their cigarette smoke.

Since moving to Las Vegas my grocery store preferences has changed. I guess I never really notice the big change in the things that I've been purchasing. As I went to get something out for dinner this evening, I noticed that about 80% of the food that I've recently been purchasing has been organic. Who knew? Not me. I guess I just was grabbing and going. Some of the things have had a constant taste and others have made me rethink buying them again.

I'm always looking for new healthy things to eat. I just never thought I would be "that guy who went organic". I can remember making fun of all the idiots in Seattle for jumping on that wagon and promoting it like the crack. "Try it, it won't hurt." I guess know I have to turn and throw the "holy water" on myself. "Hypocrite I are." Damn.

The past year has been a pretty crazy journey for me... what I eat has taken a dramatic turn for the better. What I eat is about the only thing I seem to have control over these days. I've been trying to educate myself on nutrition and all things food and health. This should be a natural turn for me since I'm studying to be a nutritionist. Since I've been sold on eating this way I'm try to eat organic as much as possible, but it's not always easy... especially since I like my fast food and the occasional 1lb bag of Skittles. I don't really think I have any plans to keep this up , but for now it's serving as something worthwhile.

I've been shopping at this place called Fresh-N-Easy. I'm not sure if the rest of the country has any of these stores yet. You can even buy some of the food already prepared and cooked. So as far as food goes, I'm not extremely limited to what I can eat. The variety there is pretty awesome. A few months ago, while searching Las Vegas, I found Fresh-N-Easy. Since then, I've added a variety of organic foods to my diet. And cut. Sounded just like a commercial.

If you're not really sure what it is I put a little definition at the bottom for you.

Organic foods are produced according to certain production standards, meaning they are grown without the use of conventional pesticides, artificial fertilizers, human waste, or sewage sludge, and that they were processed without ionizing radiation or food additives.[1] Livestock are reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones. In most countries, organic produce must not be genetically modified.

9 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Good for you. I do buy certain things organic that get the most advantage from being organic, like tomatoes and fruits that are sprayed more heavily with pesticides. And I do like to pay a little more for the healthier cuts of meat. But I won't buy everything organic.

Justin Wright said...

I buy organic whenever I can. However, I sometimes find the prices just are worth it too me. Especially for things like bananas which I can't seem to think are that much different. But I could be wrong...

Justin Wright said...

I buy organic whenever I can. However, I sometimes find the prices just are worth it too me. Especially for things like bananas which I can't seem to think are that much different. But I could be wrong...

Brad said...

You waited till AFTER you moved to LV to go green?

something just ain't right about that...

fiwa said...

I've been trying to make better food choices this year too. The farmer's markets are a big help. I did not know you were studying to be a nutritionist. Have you read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver? You might like it.

Slick said...

So, Ace? Do you have any candybars you need to get rid of?

I'll send ya my home address.

My idea of healthy eating is a bowl of Fruity Pebbles

Moe Wanchuk said...

That's all we eat is organic...and No Red meat anymore. I'm so happy we do that now.

Fresh N Easy is a British Company. It's owner, Tesco, is somewhat like Wal-mart over there.

CrystalChick said...

Fresh and Easy??? Sounds more like how some men like their women instead of a grocery store. Just saying...

Good for you though! Eating healthier, organic, working out. Can't be bad. We're all gonna die, but atleast you'll look real nice when doing it. ;) Hey, I'm just jealous 'cause I'm an old frumpy fat granny woman. LOL

Sahar said...

That's great. But like someone said, you don't need to get everything organic. To save some money, you can get certain things organic...

12 foods to get organic....
http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A&page=1

and I don't think the prepared food at fresh n easy is organic...