Fosters, Australian 4 Beer

Posted by Picasa
This is from a fun night out. A friend of mine had free tickets to a live show at the Rio hotel. It was a beach theme.
T-shirt, check.
Shorts, check.
Flip flops, check.

I should have learned my lesson about going to see bands that I had no clue about. Check this post out about another bad experience I had

There were two bands. One was a band called Carolina Liar(whose lead singer had a sore throat and sounded like crap) and the other band is no where in my memory banks. They couldn't remember there songs and I can't remember their name. We're even. It doesn't help that we left early to go and get some real beer from The Yardhouse. No offense Fosters.

It's always good to socialize over a few beers, wings, nachos, and chicken lettuce wraps. Another good thing is a friendly round table about the economy and the presidential election. What's not good? Discussing the 2 while consuming alcohol. Who knew? I did! (Hand raise as far as it can go in the air.)

I'm all for everyone having different views. Speak your mind. That's what makes the world go round, but at least give everyone equal chance to express their feelings. Especially if the one person you are opposing is your girlfriend and she drove. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that one out. Needless to say the dude ended up taking a cab home, costing him $78, and some extreme verbal abuse from his roommate because he had to take him to get his car from her house at 1 am. (I would let you flounder trying to figure out who took the cab home, but I'm a nice guy. The dude in the brown hat was the unfortunate one.)
Their conversation went a little like this:
Her: "Everyone is entitle to think the way they want."
Him: "That's stupid."
Her: "I'm nuetral. I don't have a party, but I've already discussed this with you.."
Rudely interupted.
Him: "Exactly so why are you talking?"
Her: "Because I'm trying to help the situation."
Him: "You can help by shutting up. I don't want to hear it."
Her: "F@$K YOU!"
He gasps because he can't believe she just said that in front of everyone.
Giggles from my end.
Gulps from everyone else.
Him: "I'm out of here."
Her: "Later!"
All in all it was a good night. I learned a lot of things about people that night, but there is only one thing I will take away from that entire night. You might be thinking some new songs for my iPod, whether I'm voting for Obama/McCain or "things you shouldn't say to your girlfriend in the heat of debate. Nope, not one of those. I'll be able to walk with my head held high because it's official people, "I speak well.".

What on God's green Earth does that mean? I stopped mid swig to make sure I heard what I heard. And yep, I did. I'm still confused about what I was supposed to speak like during our alcoholic debate, but I guess I nailed it. Mom would be so proud of me. As much as I wanted to keep going, that was my cut off point. Check please.

Never discussed politics while drinking beer? You've been warned.
Category: ,
Reactions: 

6 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yikes, I hate saying it but it sounds like discussing politics in public is only a small part of their problem.

Brad said...

I'm looking forward to the whole election thing to be over. 1) because I have great faith my guys going to win and 2) at least everyone will calm down a little either way it goes and we can all talk like adults again!

You have any plans to come 'home' anytime soon? We totally dogged ya at fiwa's this weekend and I want to see if what Mo said is true.


teasing......maybe.....

Life On The Tail Of A Comet said...

Point WELL TAKEN. Last Sunday during the Bucs and Rays games one of our friends of opposing political views kept taking swipes at ours. I'm like- aren't we here to watch ball?(BesidesI'm thinking- if you get me going there I might leave pump marks in your butt- which is impressive because I'm wearing flipflops!!!!!!).

Life On The Tail Of A Comet said...

PS- HOPE brown hat dumped her

Mo said...

Ha! That is an expensive lesson he learned.

I can't believe you went to another show like that. You are brave my friend. Oh wait, I know the real reason you went. ;)

Life, Love And Lola said...

If there are two things in this world that don't mix...It's alcohol and politics!

I'm proud of your friend for taking a cab! $78 is a lot cheaper than the cost of a DUI!