I've got my gym clothes on and about to put my running shoes on and head to the gym. I've got to beat the "gym mall rats" to the treadmills. I've been a little laxed since the move. I just need to program my routine back into my body.
Afterwards I have my first job interview or at least that's what the Blackberry told me when it started beeping this morning. I can't even remember what I'm interviewing for this morning. I've been pushing that resume like crazy these last couple of weeks. The "savings and retirement plan" are screaming at me to get back into the work force. I'm going to take their advice and see where it takes me. Just not ready for the rejection though. I decided to focus on a couple of things that I'm going to keep telling myself if I don't get the job.
- I keep telling myself that not everyone will respond positively to me.
- I'm just not right for that company.
- Everything in life has rejection involved in it.
- I need to remember the more I try, the more it increases my odds of success.
- I'm not front page news! (At least for now.)
- Get over it.
- Realize that in order to get good at anything, I'm going to get rejected.
- In fact, I want to get rejected every single day, because if I'm not, it means you're not trying. (That sounds like a crock, right?)
Did you get rejected today?