Go Away Summer, Please!

So I was over on Brad's Blog and he reminded me of how miserable my Summer of sunshine has been. He was talking about how he was reading other blogs that were welcoming Fall already. I would just like to say I how jealous I am of these people.

It's still in the 100's here. Yesterday was the first time we've gotten rain here. It nearly flooded the whole place and it only rained for about 10 minutes. Everyone was driving about 10 to 15 miles a hour and just pulling off to the side of the road. Traffic build up all over the place. These people would never be able to make it in WA. Just another thing I miss about WA. If you would have asked me 5 months ago what I would miss about WA, I wouldn't have said the rain. I guess you don't appreciate things until you don't have them anymore.

Today I'm going to go and sit by the pool and finish working on my resume. I think it's time to get back out there into the work force. I've taken plenty of time off and it's starting to wear me down. There is only so much gym, sleeping and TV one person can endure.

Screwing around with this resume is kicking my but. It's been some time since I had to revise. I was doing the same job for 9 years. Never thought I wouldn't make it to 20 years, but you move on and start new.

I have to get a lot of stuff done on my computer because there is no telling how long I will be out of service during the move. It's never too late to get a new library card. I don't think I will survive without my Internet. I guess I could still use my phone if I start having withdrawals.
Category: ,
Reactions: 

3 comments:

Brad said...

My bad - commented on the wrong dam post - so this goes with the post below...


Dam beer guzzeling, TV watchin SLACKER!!

I kid. really.

CrystalChick said...

100+ degrees, that's just insane. It's still warm here in NJ but we're definitely approaching Fall.
Resumes are really really easy to build up from next to nothing. Like for Mayors and Govs and people like that. Ya know what I mean??? LOL
I'm sure yours will turn out just fine. Best wishes for a good job!

Summer said...

I live just outside of DC and today it's supposed reach 99. And don't get me started on the humidity. Mah hayer!