The Weekend Update

Posted by Picasa

Didn't really get a chance to get on here this weekend. Had a lot of blog posts to read. I had no clue so many of you posted during the weekend. It gave me something to do since I couldn't really get to sleep.

This weekend went by faster than I thought it would be. It went by way to damn fast. Seems like I was just wishing for Friday to come around the corner.

The pictures above are from this weekend. I'll try my best to explain them all throughout this post story.

Friday
I had a couple of friends come into town for a wedding of a mutual friend of ours. I was invited to the wedding,, so I got my me time in earlier in the day. We spent our time walking up and down the Strip. It was their first time here and they want to take in a few of the festivities. Too bad the heat was beating them down. We settle a bar outside, caught up, and drank until they had to return back to their hotel.

Saturday
My roommates parents invited to go downtown with them to visit with a few relatives that were in town to visit. This post could really go south if I decided to tell you about them, so to keep it moving I'll skip talking about them. I will say if you own a home and bears and deers are your next door neighbors, Las Vegas may not be the first place for you visit. Baby steps are best in situations like this. We spent the night roaming through what is called Old Las Vegas. It's actually the original strip. It has all the stuff you used to see in the old movies. We hit up the buffet first. I'll be hitting the gym because I brought my pig genes with me eat.

We then set out on trek snapping pictures and looking like total tourist. They had a pretty cool light show at around 8 o'clock. It was broadcast on the ceiling that ran from one end to another. We got to take in a sax performer, spray paint artist, hand sculptor, and a live 80's cover band that wasn't that bad. Looks like that actually spent some time practices the songs. I hope no one saw me singing along to Jesse's Girl. Rick Springfield would be proud.
And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms
Late, late at night

You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl,
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that?
And believe it or not I finally know who the hell Journey is. I guess I have all along. Just never put the song to the artist. Hearing the song mad me flash back to every 80's movie I had ever seen. Mo and Brad can now get off my ass. I would also like to say that doesn't excuse any old jokes I may have made in earlier posts. I posted a youtube video in both of your honors.

Ode to Mo and Brad



Out of all the pictures, the one with the lady and the yellow purse is my favorite. The lady with the yellow purse was in front of me the whole show. The picture actually makes her look like she was moving fast, but she wasn't at all. I wanted so bad for her to catch the beat, but for some reason she was always ahead or behind it. She was doing one hell of those mean 80's 2 step to her own beat. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed, but I bet I'm the only one to blog about it. The night ended with a few round of beers in front of the slot machines.

Sunday
DVR and laundry.
Category: ,
Reactions: 

5 comments:

Bettina said...

Love the photos- they look awesome all together.

fiwa said...

I like the photo collage - very nice. See? I knew you knew who Journey was.

Brad said...

For your next assigment your charged with finding your favorite songs by Boston and Aerosmith.

Goodluck, and report back.

Moe Wanchuk said...

Journey..brings back great memories

Back in college, there was the hottest girl that I just couldnt get my eyes off of. I ran into her late one night and I finally talked to her.
I said..."Went to the Journey concert last night"

she said..."So"

Live.Love.Eat said...

Good job on the mosaic!!
Pig jeans? Ha. I thought only girls wore those. Good to know men feel that way somethimes too.