This Blows...

It must be something in the water going around. I arrived to work today and found out that 2 of my co-workers are out sick. Another one came to work sick and now she is out for the next 2 days. Another one is sweating it out in her cubicle. Chances are that she won't be here tomorrow either. And when you think that it can't get any worse, a blogger is out for the count too.

I've heard them all around me this weekend. Flu-sick sneezers and coughers at the office, daycare, shopping mall, grocery store, and gym. Avoiding the flu isn't as easy as one might think.
What can I do? Where can I go? Who do I call? Is there a help line?

I am about a week and a half away from heading to Mexico and it's very difficult to protect oneself from catching a virus. I am going to do everything in my power not to get sick. I for sure and going to avoid close contact with people who are sick. From late October to mid-March seems to be when the epidemic picks up. As far as everyone else, the only advice I can give is, "Proceed at your own risk!".

The last time I had the flu was about 6 or 7 years ago. A lady that I worked with sneezed in my face. I ended up sick as a dog and contracting a sinus infection. My mom thought it was tuberculosis. She's no doctor, but I thank her for the diagnosis.

When I leave work today I am going to stock up on hand sanitizers and take some meds just for the hell of it.

Mexico is in my sights. Not losing focus!
Category:
Reactions: 

2 comments:

Mo said...

You and me both. Everyone was sick where I was the last few days too.

Handi wipes, the germ x, vitamin c and staying the eff away were the name of my game.

....You Sick Bastard said...

Everybody around me is getting sick. My coworkers are all getting sick, my friends are getting sick, people I see around me are sick. It's like sickness is all around me but I won't get sick. It's waiting to everybody is feeling better, then it's gonna hit me.