Can You Hang?

The new year has just started and there is one way that I know this without looking at a calendar.

Do you know? ... "the gym" is packed and full of people that you have never seen there before. All the machines are full and all the weights are missing. The locker room is filled with naked dudes, matching jumpsuits and brand new running shoes. The air is light and it's almost hard to grasp because of all the heavy breathing going on around you.

It's not surprising to find that weight loss is one of the most popular New Year's resolutions. It's only human to want to have a "new you" in the new year. So I say to everyone that seems to be blocking my fitness goals, "Sweat on, sweat on!". Just as long as everyone knows that setting reasonable goals and staying focused are the two most important factors in sticking with a fitness program, and the key to success for those of you who made a New Year's commitment to get fit.

So the moral of this whole story has to do with the people that I work with. For all of you who don't know me, I am a big fitness buff. The group the people that I work with have elected me to help them get into shape for the new year before I make my transition out of the Navy.

Today was a big disaster. We did a light low impact workout today, nothing to strenuous. It seemed like the world was coming to an end by the look on their faces. A look that I can't describe, you just had to have been there. I don't think I have ever seen that much sweat come from 5 people in my life. It was like a flood in the gym. "Mops on deck!"

The good thing is that they all survived and will back for tomorrow's torture. They are baby steps closer to achieving some of their fitness goals.

Can they hang? I'll let you know a few weeks from now.
Category:
Reactions: 

3 comments:

You Sick Bastard said...

I tried the gym thing and it wasn't for me so I just do my exercises myself. I slacked off a bit since going off the deep end and all but I'm focused now to get back in shape.

elay said...

everytime i start going to the gym and promise myself that i'll be taking it seriously this time..i succeed on the first few days..but after that my workouts and trips to the gym become less and less until i notice that i forgot about it completely..
working out needs discipline. staying fit requires a firm resolve.

Mo said...

Thankfully I have been under the weather as you know otherwise I might be wanting to kill a person or two in the gym right about now.

I feel as if I should come over to join your boot camp. You are going to have them whipped into shape in no time!