My Drink and My "2 Step"

Setting: Halloween Party
Environment: Full of alcohol and laughter.
Reasoning: Celebrating the Devil's Holiday.
The night started off fine. I wasn't going to leave the house because I was on call for work. The plans that I had earlier had been canceled, which left my evening open and room for a couple of beers. All of a sudden my phone rings and it's one of the guys from my last ship calling toinvite me to a Halloween party. I knew it was the right thing to do because I had been blowing him off for months and months. I figured it couldn't hurt.

I showed up to lots of fanfare. For a minute I actually felt like a celebrity. "Eat your heart out Brad Pitt!" I guess that's what happens when you don't get to see everyone on a regular basis.
Costumes filled the the room. There was an Olympic swimmer, soccer player, a Clockwork Orange guy, Marilyn Monroe, Venom(You couldn't pay me to wear that costume.) and the list goes on. Some costumes were good and some should have just not even tried at all.

As the night progressed and the alcohol circulated through my blood stream, the only logical thing to do was to hit the dance floor.

Some chic at the party plugged in her IPod and the dancing was underway. I guess she had her party mix on. I guess it really bother me that her party mix was so lackluster. I made a mad dash to my car to grab my IPod, because I don't leave home without it. Obviously I had to unplug hers to get my going. I felt like Micheal Vick at a animal shelter. ******Gulp! And within seconds I was bringing Sexyback! My Ipod was a success and the floor stayed jam packed and we dance the night away for what seemed like eternity. It was actually only two hours.

I danced the night away With Vodka and Sprite, Marilyn Monroe by my side, and a mean "2 Step".

After realizing it was almost 3 AM, I decided to leave. I said my goodbyes and hit the road.
Before everyone starts barking at me. I swear I was fine when I left. I didn't feel anything. It almost seemed like I hadn't drank anything. I guess with all the dancing and moving my alcohol consumption hadn't hit me yet until I was behind the wheel. After being to the road for about 5 minutes I realized I had to get off the road. I called everyone I could, but to no one's surprise no one answer. Luckily I had a place in mind and it was the correct one.

It took a bunch of thuds on the door, a cat call and two blankets later I was sleeping like a baby.

To myself...Stupid!
To everyone who didn't answer the phone that night...Eff U!
To everyone who didn't return my call the next day to see why I called at 3Am...Double Eff U!To the person who actually answer the door thanks.
And last but not least to the person who got cat on and left me on the couch by myself...Triple Eff U! Damn cat!
Below is a picture of me in the passenger seat of me car the morning after. Thanks for drving Duck!

Category:
Reactions: 

2 comments:

Mo said...

Hey now. When I woke up, she was on the bed with me...you could have been there too but nooooo someone doesn't like to hear the sweet sounds of my nighttime rest. LOL

You were so drunk you would have slept right through them this night...that I know for sure.

Slick said...

Well, at least you had the good sense to pull over!

Yeah, eFF those who didn't answer the phone!