Friday/Saturday Flag Football

I just thought I would give you guys a run down of how I spent my Friday Saturday and almost Sunday (Thank God for upsets!) day. I spent most of it playing flag football. For those of you who don't have a clue what it is let me give you a quick rundown.



Flag football is a version of football (duh!). The basic rules of the game are similar to those of the professional game, but instead of tackling players to the ground, the defensive team must remove a flag or flag belt from the ball carrier ("deflagging") to end a down. Players wear a belt with flags around the waist. Like touch football, flag football was designed in an effort to minimize injuries that playing tackle football could bring.

With that said can someone please tell me why the hell I am in so much pain. In the last two days I have almost had a concussion (i.e. picture of the week photo), pulled a hamstring and been "cleated" in the shin. The first two injuries were brutal on me. I thought that I was going to cry for a minute, but I'm a man and we hold it together dammit. The later injury got me a sincere apology. Not sure if that really made it any better but it did make me feel all tingly inside. Hey sitting on the sideline in the rain is what every guy driven by testosterone looks forward to. Thank God there wasn't any attractive women around. I would have had to tuck my head in between my legs in shame.
Category:
Reactions: 

2 comments:

Mo said...

Did you play this weekend? I know what you were doing Saturday night but how about Sunday or Saturday afternoon?

When does the season end? You still have not given me a date where I can come watch you in action and cheer you on. I might even bring pom-poms and a sign made just for you...

Ace C said...

Lol. Please don't do that!