Deep Conversation

"Out beyond the place of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."

My soul has been touched in such a way that I no longer need to be "right" about anything. I have always craved harmony but attracted conflict. I need to find a place - a sacred space - where interaction with others is based on this idea of non-judgment.

My feelings are always the source of my difficult situations because I want to keep them to myself. It's as if they won't cooperate with the finely tuned logic that I'd like to use in order to run my life. But that's the problem with emotions, they don't follow the rational mind, they follow the heart. I want you to know exactly what I'm feeling right now and even though it isn't the easiest conversation to start, I'll feel better once it's out in the open. I don't want to hold back on some of the intensity I'm feeling, instead I want to take you to the bottom of my well and just show you around the top of it. I want you to define how deep you want to go.

To have deep and meaningful conversations is to talk about mental and spiritual things. All surface communication is about the world without, the mundane and the superficial. Deep conversation talks about the world within. All conversation is for discovering ourselves. It is about discovering who we are and where we are going.

"Connecting somewhere beyond right and wrong is the key."
Category:
Reactions: 

2 comments:

Mo said...

Dude, I so have the book for you. It totally changed the way I interact with others, with myself. It spoke volumes to me and continues to do so to this day. **email me your home address and I'll send a copy over to you**

And anytime you want to take me to the bottom of your well, I'm game. You know, or at least I hope you feel comfortable enough to do so and know I am about more than drinking, laughing, shopping.

Mo said...

It's been a week and I want to know, how is school going?