Thank God it's Friday!

"Just got paid, Friday night
Party hoppin', feelin right
Booties shakin', all around
Pump that jam, while I'm gettin' down"


I am relieved because it is the end of the working week and the anticipation of relaxing and partying over the weekend has just registered in my brain. As I sip on my iced tea from Starbucks and eating some kind of pastry that the girl behind the counter randomly picked for (sometimes I like to spice it up). As the scenario of how my weekend will go keeps running through my head, the latest headlines from the news keeps interrupting.

Here are some of those things:

The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public. (Why is this news.)

Three days of fighting between Islamic insurgents and Ethiopian troops backing the government has killed at least 113 civilians. (What happen to the rocks?)

The National Basketball Association playoffs begin Saturday. (Down goes Dallas!)

Silence fell across the Virginia Tech campus at noon Friday and bells tolled in churches nationwide in memory of the 32 victims of the deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history. (Amen.)

Wall Street bounded higher Friday after Google Inc. led a series of stronger earnings reports that propelled the Dow Jones industrials further into record terrain and toward its first assault on the 13,000 mark. (Get my broker on the phone!)

Imported ingredients used in recalled pet food may have been intentionally spiked with an industrial chemical to boost their apparent protein content. ( I knew it...)

Still with all this going on I manage to keep my "Kool-Aid Smile." (A "Kool-Aid Smile" is a sarcastic expression used by urban youth to describe a wide, childlike smile.) (Who knew there was a definition.)

Too much Koo-Aid you think...
Reactions: 

0 comments: