Hows About a Cup of Shut the !@#$ up!

Shut the !@#$ up!
definition:
-A valid way to tell someone to be quiet.
-Abbreviated as STFU.
-A term/phrase that Ace uses quite frequently.

"Can be served in a cool glass, a frothy mug, or a piping hot cup, when in its liquid state. Can be served as a meal. Use creatively."

Come one, come all. Today I am going to issue a little lesson on...as you guessed it …"Shut the !@#$ up!

Lately I have come across several people that have not mastered the art of not talking or just simply talking too much and frankly it’s starting to work every nerve in my body. I have been debating if I should confront them or just leave it alone. At this point it would be easier to just graze over the situation and keep it moving.

Being that I am a natural talker I feel some kind of sympathy for others who love to talk, but there are several lines that should never be crossed.

Here's the scenario:

If I(or anyone for that matter) tells you something about someone at work or in your personal life, whether it’s big or small. Whether it has meaning or even if it's just some frivolous crap. Whether the person is your best friend or your enemy. If what I told you doesn't directly effect them, I think that you should keep your mouth closed. Now don't get me wrong. I am not telling you to lie or deceive anyone in your immediate circle at all. I am just saying most things that you say when someone is not around usually aren't conversational topics to begin with. Normally they wouldn't come up. So if you have or experiencing this problem. Below are a few tips for you.

Here are some practical tips for a person who simply talks too much:

Catch him/her being quiet or listening (surely he/she does this some of the time), and give him/her brief verbal praise like "I noticed that you have been listening quietly; that makes me feel glad to be with you."

See how many times you can praise him/her in an afternoon or evening; make a chart or put a green mark on the back of his/her hand using a washable marker for every time he/she manages to keep quiet appropriately (tons of people love this). When he/she gets to a certain number of marks that you decide ahead of time, celebrate with a treat.

Tell him/her that learning when to talk and when to stay quiet is a hard thing when you're young. Express confidence that he'll/she’ll get better and better at this as he/she gets older.

If your he/she cannot or will not stop talking (at least for a few moments), give him/her a warning, then give him/her a time out. Again, it's important that you, as the adult, set this limit.
Category:
Reactions: 

6 comments:

Mo said...

So I should be skeered if you start carrying a green maker/highligher around huh? Or offer me a treat. Or put me in time out. LOL

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Mo said...

Dude, You so need to update.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»